Diagnosed With GD

Went for OGTT today and I failed the test. :any mom who also got GD here can share how you all control your diet and how long did you all take to bring down the sugar level? I'm really worry about my baby after reading the consequences of GD in baby online. T.T

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Change your diet, cut down on choc, sweet stuff and carbs. I had gdm too and thankfully i was cleared after 6 weeks of labour. Buy low GI bread. substitute your snacks with green salads. If you have cravings for sweet food, buy healthier peanut butter and dip it with green apples. That was my go to snack when i was pregnant and had gdm. Also do track your sugar level 2 hrs aft your meals and also before meals. Ensure that it is within the range. You can still have white rice if your sugar level is not that high. For me i could but i made sure that its half my normal portion but some pple can’t so its advisable to take brown rice instead. Avoid drinking milo too. If you are hungry after your meals, have healthy snacks. Don’t worry too much my dear and pls don’t google too much into this because i did that last time and all that stress is not good for the baby. Just eat healthy and yes do exercise too (take long walks at least 20 - 30 mins after your meals; breakfast, lunch and dinner) this will help to bring down your sugar level. All the best! You can do this! :)

Read more
5y ago

Thanks for sharing!! I did googled a lot after diagnosed with gdm and frightens myself with all the consequences on baby. I think I have to stop googling now and focus more on controlling my diet!