Is Miscarriage Scary?

Went doc yesterday and confirmed that my sac is empty with yolk nd is only 5 week pregnant. Now is waiting for my body to have the discharge naturally. I do not know when is going to happen and I started to have a little brown discharge and after that no more. I'm not too sure if need confinement for 14 days? What should I do or buy? What it going to happen to me? I'm clueless and lost. I will cried when my mum and hub console me and couldn't control my emotional and tears.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I've had 4 miscarriages and 1 ectopic. The 1st time is shocking. But let it expel naturally. It is less painful. I took a pill to dilate my cervix the 1st time, advised by gynae, bad move... so painful... my other 3 were natural but were older pregnancies... did d&c.... if natural more like severe menstrual cramps. With pill- like want to die... dont worry ok... if you need to cry your heart out, do it with someone you trust. I have cold hearted mum and husband, so I'm extra hot headed... no time to cry for myself but I will always be here for ppl who went thru it :) Overall, be strong and just don't take the pill, be patient with yourself thru the process... no cold drinks and rest for 2 weeks at least ❤

Read more
4y ago

Okok thanks for letting me know. I'll consider that.

I went through the same experience as you too. Supposed to be 7 weeks, but sac showed size at 5 weeks. Was diagnosed with blighted ovum. I too had no symptoms, no spotting or bleeding. Until 3 weeks later at 10 weeks then I had natural m/c. It starts off as very very painful period cramp, if not worse. To me it was very painful and I had difficulty walking.. If you cannot bear the pain, please go to urgent O&G at KKH. Jia you and be strong! Don't think too much, and take good care of yourself. Hugs..

Read more
4y ago

Thanks! I'm waiting for it to expelled but is almost a week still nothing. And doctor says if 2 weeks later nothing I need to go for surgery but I don't wish to and even hub also against it. Worried it might hurt the body and affect the womb. The waiting is the most worst part and I'm still got to handle office work though I'm wfh.

Hugs.. Miscarriage is indeed scary and will etched on your memory.. I had 2 miscarriages in 6 months.. You need to do a mini confinement for your body to rest and recover. If can, order 14 days of confinement food.. I just found out I am preggy again but gynae put me on some medication to support the pregnancy.. And advise not to walk too much..

Read more
4y ago

Ic, okok after this bleed stops I go. Think will take 1 week or so to stop. Thanks will rest well. U take care too ❤️

It's not scary. It'll feel like a normal period but you might see some pink jelly bean like lump. I didn't do confinement only took some cordycep pills. I have a 11 month old son now. Don't be too upset. ❤

4y ago

Thanks! ❤️ Will consider that too. Till now I still upset and whenever think of it I'll tears and unable to stop. But I'll let my body recover before ttc.

Please have a second option. At 5 weeks sometimes you cant see baby yet as it is too small. Wait at least 9 weeks. Hope all is fine and be strong

4y ago

During 2nd scan have fetal pole but no Heartbeat. 3rd scan just a empty yolk. I feel very helpless and was thinking 2nd option and till now 5 days gone, I have had any period and dont feel anything. I still pin for a minor miracle to happen. And my doctor fix 2 weeks appt with me. Just in case till then no period, he said to do a minor surgery which my hub won't want me to take the surgery. Kind of hurting the body and might affect the womb 😞

Its no scary to say... Only painful when the baby want to expelled..

4y ago

It just like menses.. Those baby have not expelled out...that will be more scarier..