Reddish brown discharge normal?

Hi Mommas! I'm about 5-6 weeks pregnant now but I started noticing abit of reddish brown discharge and spotting the past 2 days. Help! Is this normal? My gynae is not available this week and I don't know what to do.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had reddish brown discharge too during week 5-6. two possibilities : (1) implantation which is normal (2) Signs of miscarriage. back then the gynae told me.. discharge should not be a lot.AND the discharge shld NOT be consistently flowing or with fresh blood. also. advice not to have intimacy with hub at the moment. conclusion: mine was implantation. not miscarriage. but was given duphaston by the doctor. TTSH emergency 24hr u tell them bleeding they will attend to you quite fast .

Read more

Hi! Do look for another private gynae who can see you immediately. Personally I will not advise to wait to see a gynae as I too had reddish brown discharge at week 6 onwards and waited too long to seek treatment…ended up having a missed miscarriage. Hope all goes well for you.

3mo ago

Typo: the discharge wasn’t a lot.

If you explain to your gynae that you are having red/brown discharge, she may squeeze you in for an appointment. If discharge is throughout the day / gets heavier each time, it is unfortunately not normal and need immediate attention

I had that too at week 5-6.. went to KKH just to be sure and was prescribed duphaston. Few days later was my gynae appointment and had a jab. All good and have my baby already but thankfully I went! So do go and have it checked ASAP

Definitely not normal and needed immediate medical attention. If your current gynae is not available, seek advice from another gynae instead.

I think for peace of mind maybe just head down to a&e? hope everything is alright for u

if your gynae unavailable. KK avail 24h. pls seek medical attention.

👍