Pregnancy update

Hi Mummies, Just hopping on here to share my experience with you all. Would also love to hear your similar experiences 😊 I'm currently 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I had very wet discharge and saw some brown discharge mixed with yellow discharge ( so technically pale brown) on my panty liner. After wiping many times and stuffing tissue slightly into vagina there was no abnormal discharge. I was worried it might be spotting so I went to KKH O&G center. The doctor checked my cervical mucus and found no blood (that's good news) she did an ultrasound and could only see the gestational sac. No yolk sac or fetal pole seen. Which had me wondering because I should see yolk sac by now but what surprised me was that the doctor said that my period might not be as accurate as I thought and that I may have ovulated later, meaning that I am actually way earlier in my pregnancy than I think I am 🤣 hence not being able to see the fetal pole or yolk sac. So... The doctor just prescribed me some progesterone pills that I have to insert in my vagina. I guess this helps with hormonal support and helps "prevent" (not 100%) miscarriage. Next appointment is 13 feb, I'll be 9 weeks then. I hope to see my baby then!!

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had similar experience too, some brown spotting which I thought was my period, but when it come and go on and off i felt very strange and went to TCM to check. At that time I didnt know I'm pregnant till the TCM doctor ask me to go buy the test kit n test. Short summary, I went to see my O&B and in fact I'm pregnant 6 weeks already. Everything is ok, but I have blood clot which is as big as my gestational sac. I had very mix feeling. Doctor said it happened for some women and normal. But for me doctor said I was too active the past few weeks which cause the blood clot. In fact yes, because I did fell down few days before I went to tcm, did a lot of housework and party a lot (year end problem 🤣). Thank God the baby still around..I'm following up with my gynae tomorrow to check the progress but so far my bleeding has stopped. Doctor did gave me some progesterone medicine oral & he did injected me with progesterone as well he said it is faster and better for me to cushion the baby. If oral or from vagina sometimes it doesnt work well, digested and flush out easily. I hope all good for ur case. If any bleeding consistently come out, please check doctor again. For now just rest, dont do anything. Bed rest if possible. I did bed rest 1 week and it really help to speed up the recovery.

Read more

Hello - can I check how is your progress now ? I’m in the same situation and very worried. Thank you and hope all is well for you

hey mummies... same as me.. 6 weeks.. next appt also 13th Feb..