Baby

Went for DNA testing at National Thalassemia Registry . Hopefully both our blood test results will be just fine . Heard that some couples had to terminate their pregnancy due to some complications . All i did was to have positive mindset .

Baby
11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Was the test for you and hub? Only if both of you are thal minor then you may have a potential problem. If not it should be fine and no in vitro testing should be done. I am thal minor alpha positive but my hub is not so there is no chance of thal major for the kids.

4y ago

I am thal intermediate . My husb is smhow thal also but mild one .. Thank u for sharing .. Thats really enlightening .. Thinking positive as much as i can .. =)

Do you have thalassemia? I am a minor and we only did the dna test after week 12 (abit late as the results will take some time). Lucky my hub does not have it. Hope all is well for u as well.

4y ago

Yes , i did .. Same to mie . I did the test on my 12th wk too . Hope everything is okay for u , husb and bby .. =)

im a minor carrier but my partner is cleared off major and minor. just got the blood test result. although the risk is low im still a bit afraid

VIP Member

Good for you! May you and hubby be blessed with a healthy child.

If I rem correctly, 3% of sg population are a minor carrier.

VIP Member

Did your gynae recommend this?

Best wishes :)

Super Mum

All the best!

All the best!

VIP Member

All the best