cervix not yet opened up

Just went for my 39 wks appt and my gynae mentioned that my cervix hasn't opened up yet. I'm feeling demoralised. I've been walking and trying to keep myself active but to no avail. I'm afraid to be induced or even go for emergency c sect. Wanted a normal delivery if possible. Any tips mummies?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I was in yr position 4 mths ago. Coconut, walk, squats, sex, birth ball but to no avail. Infact i was overdue and finally went on with the induce. But induce does not guarantee vaginal birth. Eventually I had a c sect. No helpful tips, but have faith and constantly doa and trust yr baby. She will come when shes ready. All the best! 💙

Read more

Hmmm have you tried sex? It works for me when I was only 38 weeks 5 days and am so done with being pregnant and wanted baby out ASAP😂 Had sex in the afternoon and 3 hours after that my contraction starts, reach hospital alrdy 5cm dilated. Yeap, sperm triggers the labour.

Super Mum

But at the delivery room the nurse will guide my wife how to push . She rested after pushing for a while. Eventually, she wanted to push again as the pain relief was wearing off and the baby came out

Super Mum

My first child also came late. My wife did walking and squats but cervix also not open up enough. Eventually the water bag burst at home and we went hospital.