We have applied for PR in Singapore. I had worked in a British firm for 8years till 2009. If we mention that in our application, will Singapore government enquire or verify with that firm . Anybody applied for PR and had similar background ?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I reckon when dealing with these official application forms, best to declare everything as truthfully as you can. If they check and you haven't declared truthfully, your application might be rejected so no harm declaring it. You seem concerned about declaring that you used to work with the firm? Is there a reason why?

Read more
8y ago

The firm I worked for has closed down. So wondered what it will be taken as.

I applied PR 6 years ago and the ICA didn't verify with the company I was working in. However, I think it will be better for you to check with the ICA officer directly by calling hotlines. You should declare all information correctly like what Yuna mentioned.

I m a PR and they checked on my employment status. For my case, I am a PR since 2005 and I agree that we have to be careful in declaring truthfully if you want to work in spore. A wrong step and you might be barred or banned