Disallow in law to keep in contact with my baby

Was living with in law when I gave birth. Was a 3 storey house and few nannies will take up the job. The nanny was bad at teaching breastfeeding, and keep coming to me to complain about my mil. My mil is a selfish person who asked the son to fetch her home from outside on the day I was discharged. So I failed at breastfeeding and had to do exclusive pumping. Everyday I’m tired. I resent my mil - my baby was not able to latch and always end up hungry crying. I can’t forgive my mil who made me move in after marriage and has disallowed my baby to meet her. I have moved out. Am I unreasonable?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Sounds like you’ve had to deal with a difficult situation while staying with your MIL. When living together, disagreements and misunderstandings are bound to happen. Since you’ve moved out since, perhaps it’s time to have a chat with MIL and reconcile. Disallowing your baby to meet her must put your husband in a very difficult position. I know you’re still upset, but when you’re ready, maybe that’s the way to move forward. She is family after all.

Read more