Let's share on the cost of pregnancy ( buying bb items, nanny, attending classes, giving birth etc)!

Was calculating my expenses for my pregnancy journey and my estimated cost is about $23-25k. Includes seeing gynae, all the test fees, delivery fees, baby items, nanny, antenatal classes, photoshoots, confinement packages, post & pre natal massage etc all inclusive from start to giving birth. Would like to see if its the same for other mummies? Doing a budget check hahaah!

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I think it varies very widely, depending on whether you’re a private or subsidised patient, which company you engage for photoshoots, massages, etc. The confinement pricing is probably relatively similar across the board. For baby stuff, again, the prices have a huge difference depending on where you buy from, and whether buying branded baby stuff is important to you:) I was a private patient in a public hospital, didn’t do a maternity photoshoot, didn’t have a confinement nanny but bought a confinement food delivery package for 28 days, didn’t go for massages, bought the big baby stuff from baby fairs initially but most of the smaller stuff and all the subsequent baby needs online. My medical bills were probably about 5-6k, confinement package about 1.5k and all expenses for baby’s first year was probably about 3-4k (including the hardware stuff and the daily consumables like diapers, later on milk/baby food, etc). I breastfed for 10 months. Expenditure lessened when I started buying clothes/diapers, etc from online and would wait for sales and combine coupons, etc.

Read more

16k Delivery fees 10k Medical Fees (consultation, testing, scanning) 1.8k Confinement Tingkat $400 Newborn photoshoot $700 Postnatal Massage 5k baby stuff

Read more

Yeah my husband and I estimate around 20k out of pocket for all the expenses. We’ve been going to TMC.