Green Poop

Hi all , just wanted to check what if my one month old baby having green poop on and off each day . Sometimes mustard yellow but sometimes is green , is it okay ???

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I had the same issue(dark green a lil slimmy) but doctor said it’s alright as long as baby is drinking, sleeping and happy. I believe is the supplement I took because once I stop taking multivitamin from GNC then baby poop resume to normal mustard yellow (fully breastfeed baby). Another reason your baby may not be drinking enough so if your baby output is fine, happy, drinking and sleeping well, I don’t think you should be worry about it. Unless you want to check with PD if this bothers you.

Read more

Drinking Similac ? My 3 kids poo was green ... They were on Similac. pd say it's due to some ingredient in the milk powder that causes green poo. But for a peace of mind I suggest you check with your pd/doctor

VIP Member

Green poop may indicate sensitivity to something in the mother's diet, such as cow's milk products etc. Best to consult the pediatrician..

VIP Member

It should be normal since it’s not everyday but do ask the PD to be safe.

VIP Member

Maybe it's the formula if your baby is fed on formula.

Super Mum

Could be sensitive or allergies related. Check with pd

Super Mum

What is baby drinking? Breast milk? Formula? Mixed?

VIP Member

Best to go paedtrician and show pic of the poop

Best to go paedtrician

Super Mum

Breastfed baby?