Wan ask , as my younger daughter was born premature , her jaundice has been increasing even til now is 225 bt the limit is 300.. She has went under the blue light once as tat tym she hit the limit of 220 n was admitted in kkh for 2 days.. Currently is ther ani other ways to help her decrease the jaundice ? My mil she hear the auntie say the rice wen is abt to b cooked , take a little water n put red dates n let my girl drink bt try for 2 days stil the same .. A little pek chek as i saw before one mummies post abt water intoxicfication.. Other dn this ani other solution? As i dun wish for my gurl to get admitted again

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi, spclly fir jaundice u mght notice mainy people go to dat person who take out jaundice..which is called jaundice jhadna bt it is done in d early morning....n scdly gve sme sugarcne to ur daughter it will hlp her to reduce jaundice,dnt let have her food oily n turmeric one or spicy one let her have sme plain khichdi....n try to get her sme cold thgs lyk ice crm as soon she gots cold its means her she is getg cure agnst jaundice...n ya der's one herb calld erandi ka patta ...diz herb has to b grind n d grinder with lil water n let her have diz as in d mrng ..n diz shld b drunk frstly in d mrng...n diz shld b gvn fir fve if jaundice is mre let her hve fir one week

Read more
VIP Member

Some tips I did to reduce my boy's jaundice: 1. Sun tanning. Before 10am. Cover the eyes if baby is below 1 mth old 2. I went to the Chinese medical hall to get these Chinese herbs for reducing jaundice aka 黄疸. I don't really know what the herbs are called but if you go and ask them for jaundice they will know. Use it and boil with some water half a pot. Then mix with cold water and use the water to bathe your girl. The water will be yellowish in colour. I wouldn't advise letting ur girl drink water becos babies shouldn't be drinking water for fear of water intoxication. Hope this helps.

Read more

If you are latching maybe you can use bottle so that baby can take in more milk, after the jaundice go away you can latch back. I did this when my boy had jaundice but baby may get nipple confusion. If not you can latch more so that it can "flush" out the jaundice in baby's body. You can go to chinese medical hall to find "jin yin hua(金银花) if I am not wrong to bathe baby. Just ask the person manning the medical hall. They should be able to advise you.

Read more

On the contray, my doctor advised us against sun tanning because it would dehydrated him instead. Ideally, he told me to feed on demand, 50% breastmilk, 50% formula and to ensure that he pees and poop sufficiently. My son had pretty high jaundice, I can't recall the exact numbers but it was only until he was almost 2 months was she finally discharged from KK Hospital.

Read more
VIP Member

Yes my boy is also premature. Born at 33wks. He had mild jaundice when he was at hospital. But level went up after he returned home. So I had to bring him to polyclinic quite often then to teSt. So heart pain cos keep on got to do the heel prick. But i everyday bathe the water and suntan him then slowly it went down.

Read more

Is ur boy oso premature ? Cos the doc sae my girl is premature so the jaundice wil stay longer.. So i go to the chinese med hall n tel them i want the herbs for jaundice?