How to stop mil from feeding baby water

My mil and my hubby has been feeding the baby water as she has a bit of jaundice. She is only 7 days old and I know that babies this young shouldn't even have water at all and I couldn't do anything to stop them from feeding her water. It really makes me worry alot if anything will happen to baby. Any other moms experiencing the same issue? How do I make them stop feeding her water? #firsttimemom #pleasehelp #advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My mum also wanted to sleep train my baby by suggesting giving water at 2 months old. I told her straight away it’s not advisable by the doctor and shut her off. Have to be direct and firm.. and yes get your hubby to follow. Breast milk is mostly water content already, don’t need to give water otherwise they don’t have enough nutrients when the stomach is full from water.

Read more

Go to doctor and get doctor to issue the dangers of baby below 6 months drinking water. But most importantly, your husband have to stop first else your mil probably thinks: Even the dad also give, there’s no wrong.