Wad should i use or wad to do to make my 5mth old baby breathe better? He has flu. Seems to get blocked when slping in aircon room. Use vicks vapo rub apply on baby's chest?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You should use sterimar spray very often to clear his nose. After spraying sterimar use pigeon aspirator to suck out his mucus. Do this a few times a day. The sucking out of mucus works wonders! The amount of mucus that can be sucked out is unimagineable and your baby will feel better soon! The first five days when babies have flu PD will usually prescribe iladin drops which can be used after you suck out the mucus. Prop baby's mattress or pillow higher to make it easier to breathe. There are also these vapor drops which you can drip around baby when he sleeps to make it easier for him to breathe. You can get the drops from guardian pharmacy. Another way is bring baby into the bathroom after someone has a hot shower, the vapor will help clear his nose

Read more
8y ago

Thanks!

Please bring baby to see doctor and get the correct meds to clear the airway. If baby is sleeping in the cot, you can prop baby up or elevate the cot/bed. You can use baby safe vapour balm to apply on chest and sole but may not clear the airway effectively. Possible to use fan instead of air con?

Read more

For me I tend to build my kids immune system up so tat they r able to get well faster. Letting ur kids take supplements is one of the methods to build their immunity which will let them fight the disease naturally wo the need for meds

I use sterimar nasal spray. Good and effective. Clears up the nasal. If he is blocked you need to suck out the mucus. That will provide some relieve for him. As much as possible to sleep with fan, fan will provide ventilation.

thanks