Labour length and when does it go to c-sec?

How long were you in labour for? Would I have to do c-sect if my labour exceeds 15 hours?

39 Replies
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hey. It depends what labour you’re in.. if it’s due to contractions, show or water bag burst. For me, it was induced labour.. however my contractions stopped and my water bag burst already. So I had to do c-sect within 6hours. There are mummies who induce labour and water bag hasn’t burst.. baby still safe and sound so labour can continue.. it really depends case by case. So it’s best to trust your gynae on this. There’s a wa sharing platform if you’d like to join https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdUR81vA_ZT1Ghny4381vSYPaROOlT6WS7HHxfjZf0ySSlmLg/viewform

Read more

My labour went into 32 hours. Usually once your waterbag breaks, they give u a time frame of 24hrs. Once 24hrs, still no sign of active labour, they will go for csect.

Not, the length of your labour is not a good indicator that you require cesarean as long as baby's heartbeat remain strong and that your labour progress even though it is slow. There were women who went through a three days two nights labour as first time mother. It is usually caused by baby's less optimal position for labour and birth. Do change position, move about in labour to get your baby into a better position for birth. See some maternal positioning for labour. http://remotephcmanuals.com.au/uri/5719.jpg

Read more

I was in labor for 16 hours. The doctor was concerned because my amniotic fluid was getting low so she recommended C-section but I didn’t want to so I pushed every time I felt contractions and within the last 2 hours, my cervix dilated from 5-6 cm to 10 cm. By the way, many moms are in labor for more than 24 hours and it doesn’t mean that you need to go for C-section. It depends on your baby’s condition. Good luck!

Read more
VIP Member

I experienced 4 hours labour; however, I think it doesn’t depend on the length but rather on baby’s condition while you are in labour i.e. heartbeat, umbilical cord wrapping around baby’s neck, baby pooping inside, no more waters, etc.

Read more

I was in labor for almost 24 hours and I was stuck in 2 cm even when they already induced me or something so the doctor decided to do a c-sec. Gosh.

It's depend on the practice in the hospital. If in my place, when mother is in labour, we wait for 10 to 12 hours in labour. Usually they take 10 hrs. If the opening still not fully yet, we push for cesear

Read more
Super Mum

Recently I was in labour for 2 hours, natural birth

pag putok na panubigan within 10hrd cs kana

I was in labor for about 4 hours for my first born. Second born took me about 10hours. However contractions went on for nearly 48 hours for me.