My very sensitive 4-yr old (she cries when she sees cartoons disagreeing) refuses to talk to me or crumples her work when I try to teach her. For example, when I tell her that the correct way to write the letter O is to start from the top instead of the bottom. Worried that the more she continues to do it, the harder it will be for her to correct. How do I help her see being corrected in a more positive way?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

My friend found this article helpful (but for a different situation) https://ph.theasianparent.com/13-psychologist-approved-phrases-to-calm-an-angry-child/ I guess the things we can pick up from it are: - Let her know that you're figuring out the solution together - Ask her to come up with the solution (ie ask "How can you make the O look fatter" instead of teaching the proper way) - Acknowledge her feelings ("Are you getting frustrated? It's okay to feel frustrated." - Let her know that you had difficulty with it too when you were young so she doesn't feel like she's the only one who gets things wrong

Magbasa pa