Is it true that by nature, breastfed babies' teeth erupt later than usual?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

From what I know, there is no connection between breastfeeding and late teething. Babies get their teeth in their own sweet time. Some of my friends' babies have teeth at 5-6 months even if they are exclusively breastfed. Though my 10-month-old and exclusively breastfed baby still doesn't have teeth.

Read more
6y ago

oh my...same with me, my 10mos lo still doesn't have teeth :)

No idea for me. Though, my second born only started teething at 8 monthz old, full breastfed. Wheras my first born was a mix of formula and bm he started teething at about 6 months old. Way earlier then his brother.

VIP Member

No idea for this .. My boy 6 months old have 10 teeths . And more are erupting especially the back too ... He one time can erupt a few teeths and become cranky and keep on put finger in his mouth rubbing it.

I don't think so. My purely breastfed son's two bottom teeth erupted when he was 4 months old. Now that he is 15 months old, he has a total of twelve teeth and four more erupting soon.

Not so sure with that but my 10-m.o baby who's exclusively breastfed until now still doesn't have teeth. Might be true though. But I want to hear more from other mommy experts here.