Is it true that boy toddlers are more aggressive than girl toddlers?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I do not want to appear as someone who indulges in gender bias, but yes I think this is true. Boy toddlers are more aggressive. And if not aggressive then majority of them are hyper active, would not listen, whereas girl toddlers, even if some of them are hyper active or aggressive in (minimal numbers) they would mellow down if told in a stern tone to behave, which is not the case with the boys.

Read more

i have two daughters and i can say that there was definitely a marked difference between them both at their toddler age. similarly, there is definitely a difference in the way two boy toddlers will behave. that said, there are girl and boy toddlers who are very naughty and aggressive, and also boy and girl toddlers who are very calm and quiet. i wouldn't say we can generalize :)

Read more
VIP Member

I don’t think it’s a norm. But it is more widely reported that boys a bit naughtier than girls. But my niece is a terror. She is very naughty, much more than her elder brother, who by the way was a very mellow baby. She wreaks havoc in the house and throws tantrums. So while it may be true for some boys, may be not all boys are aggressive.

Read more

True to some extent as I haven't seen many girl toddlers being very aggressive but cannot genralize as each one is different.

Well, not very sure about aggressive, but boys are more active than girl toddlers. Sometimes hyperactive too!