Post vaccination

Hi, took my flu vaccine, recommended by KKH Dr on 15th march. Was told that in recent months, mummies gets flu too often, hence why. So it's been 2 days. On 16th I've started feeling more tired and down w sore throat. Today, I woke up w mild fever, flu and sore throat. Asking if this is normal as I've taken vaccinations before and never felt this way. Also, is there any recommended medication that I can buy from guardian or Watson? And usually, how long will these symptoms lasts?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Perhaps thats part of the aftermath vaccination or just you being unwell. Unfortunately you have to go dr to be prescribe with medication. Watson and Guardian pharmacist would not provide medication to pregnant lady. Once you get med, you will be fine. How long? Depend on individual body immunity. After flu vaccine, soon you will be advice to take cough vaccination.

Read more

It’s common to get a cold after flu vaccine. Panadol is the safest during pregnancy. But do see a GP and let them know you are pregnant so they will prescribe you appropriate drugs. If not, just hydrate and get sufficient rest for your body to recover on its own! :) get well soon!

Getting mild flu symptoms are side effect of flu jab. Better to ask gynae what medication you can take.