My toddler has been experiencing sickness on and off. I think I need to boost her immune system. Does anyone have any tips and tricks on how to do that naturally? Or at least, with as little use of pills as possible.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

A friend of mine also suffers from the same concern. Her baby's pediatrician recommended tips which I think could also help you. - Expose your toddler to sunlight. Vitamin D which can be guaranteed from enough presence of sunlight, is healthy for the immune system because it brings calcium to the body. Do not spend too much time locking your toddler indoors. - Increase the vegetable and fruit intake of your little one. Upon reaching 6-8 months, you must serve solid food to your baby. As much as possible, stay your child away from sugar. - Boost sleeping time. Make sure to schedule your baby with 13-14 hours of sleep a day. As per my friend's pediatrician, sleep deprivation can make the toddler vulnerable to different illnesses. Hope this helps!

Read more

I've read this and think I can share with you: http://sg.theasianparent.com/9-every-day-habits-that-would-help-in-boosting-your-childs-immunity/ I know 1st item won't be applicable (doing yoga together) as your child may still be small but other 8 things listed can be. AS much as possible, go away from pills as there's plenty of things you can do naturally whilst expressing your tender love and care to the little one :)

Read more

My boys used to have the same case. Hope you can check on the ventilation of your place. Sometimes their constant exposure to aircon or sometimes having no aircon can make them sick easily. At least that is based on my experience.

Fresh air can help. If time and budget permit go out of town on weekends. Fresh fruit juices might help as well.