Today is my first day back to work. Im using freemie but was disappointed with the results which was 155ml for 30mins but breast still feeling not empty. So decided to hand express on my next round pump which got me 240ml at 40mins. Felt freemie not suitable for me... shd i try few more rounds? Also if its okay to put the unwashed pump parts in ziplock bag in fridge for the next round pump? Anyadvice?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, Yes, it does happen, as each one is different and so are the experiences. Freemie did work well for me but then my SIL did not find it good enough when her baby was born. I guess, there is no harm in trying more rounds and it sometimes happens that we miss on doing something and it did not turn out well. But if it doesn't you can hand express if the supply is good. Yes, I do not think there should be any problem in keeping the unwashed pumps in fridge and reusing them.

Read more
8y ago

thks for sharing.

Try to get microwaveable sterilizer bags. You can wash the parts and sterilize each time after you have used them. I did it 4 times a day at work. Sterilizing in microwave only takes 3 mins. Much more hygienic .

8y ago

Iherb. I think kiddy palace sells medela brand sterilizer bags

VIP Member

Freemie did not work that great for me either - so I stuck to using my spectra. I also did place unwashed pump parts in the zip lock bag for the next pump.