Only 3 weeks PP..

Today my baby seems diff. He prefer not to sleep at the cot but on my arms. Each fed he will fall back to sleep, then place him in the cot but would wake up each time. I am so stressed up & very tired. I am emotionally drained. both physically & mentally. I will feed him on demand, increased his milk level too. but 1 or 2 times he will vomit out all the milk. Never a day I didn’t cry. husband has started working & he do console me too. my mom did help me out too but sometimes I wouldn’t allow her because she needs her rest too. sometimes i felt like walking off...😢 just not strong enuf..

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

My 3-weeks babygirl is the same too. She will fall asleep on my arm at almost every feed. Difficulty burping so have to put her on my chest for a while. Even have to rock/pat her to sleep but as soon as we put her down, she wakes up. Sleepless night every night as she wakes up every 2hrs and I breastfeed on demand. I will usually let her sleep on my arm/chest first and put her down when she seems to be in deep sleep. Doesn’t always work but as long she’s not crying. At times can even take more than 30mins till my arm hurts. Patience is key... I cried a few times when husband returned to work cause he helps alot when he’s around. Felt bad when he had to be awake during the night on his working days. I’m staying with my MIL; it has been tough cause she’s working and doesn’t even help me much when she’s home. I have to put my babygirl to sleep first before I could eat, shower, do house chores or even to rest. And all have to be done rather quickly before baby wakes up again. Sometimes I feel like I’m losing my sanity. I would rant at my own mum about my MIL at times. Strongly advise to reach out to your fellow mummy friends. You’ll never know that they might have gone through the same too. Have to keep reminding to not be too hard on yourself. Parenting isn’t easy but we’re doing our best. Cheer up and rest as much possible to recover physically and mentally. 💪🏼

Read more
4y ago

I feel you too! I am experiencing exactly the same. it’s really exhausting. i am sorry to hear about your situation too. anyway! i just want to share, i tried inara organics balm for my baby to sleep at night. it somehow improved his sleeping. like slept longer than usual. maybe you can try? you too, please take care & eat well...