Thumb Sucking

Any tips and tricks to stop thumb Sucking ? Any herbal medicine to apply to make thumb bitter ?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I let my son sucked his thumb until he was 4 years old. But I slowly wean him off by telling him to only suck when it's nap time or sleeping time when he's around three then just two weeks before he turn four, I told him to try stop sucking thumb completely since he already started going to school. And he really stopped by himself within two to three days. Many people told me to put medicated oil as they think that it's not good for kids to be sucking thumb but I don't feel safe and it's good that our LO can self soothe. Can try pulling the thumb out once your LO is in deep sleep. Yes, your LO will suck their thumb again when they're slightly awake in the night but can try to pull out whenever u see your LO is in deep sleep again.

Read more
VIP Member

May I know how old is your LO? My 6 mo likes to suck her thumbs (sometimes put in all fingers 😅) too, I think this habit will go away (hopefully) as they grow older so I don't have any concern for now. 😁

VIP Member

Why do you want your baby to stop thumsucking? How old? Because if the baby is very young its actually good as the baby feel secure and safe when sucking it.

Is there a reason why you hope to stop the thumb sucking (medical reason)? It calms young children and is a natural soother.

There is a special edible nail polish by Manicare called Bite No More. Very bitter. It works for a while for little one.

It’s good to let baby soothe themselves.

TapFluencer

It will go away with time

Super Mum

Bittergourd juice?