Co Sleeping

My 23 mths toddler is sleeping in same room as us from birth. My newborn is coming next month. I am thinking to all sleep in same room tgt, I am not going breastfeed. Is it even possible for 2 young kids slp in same room?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Is your toddler a light sleeper? Because your newborn’s going to wake up a lot, and if you’re not breastfeeding, then it’ll take time to prepare the milk, and baby will also be crying while you’re changing the diaper/putting baby back to sleep. That’s a lot of crying that your toddler will hear every night, and even in the day, for naptimes. You may want to consider splitting rooms if possible, but of course, this will be up to your family’s dynamics and decision. I live in a 4 room flat and have a baby and toddler. The 2 kids sleep in their own rooms, and we added white noise to their rooms, so one kid crying (baby crying or toddler having meltdown) doesn’t affect the other. My husband can also sleep better. Haha. I breastfeed in the living room. It works for my family and the 3 of them get better rest. For me... I’ll sleep more in the future to make up for lost time. Lol.

Read more
4y ago

Or will your toddler be okay to co sleep with your mil for the time being? At least till things with your newborn stabilise.

TapFluencer

My 2 little ones as young as 4yo & 5mo shared the bed with my hb & me in a queen size bed

4y ago

How do u keep ur 4 yo from disturbing his or her sleep