do you think the discrimination towards working and pregnant mothers at work are real in singapore?

63 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I heard so. I think should be common especially in local companies and SME. I have only worked for MNCs and have not experienced discrimination for both my pregnancies. In fact I have been blessed with very good bosses for both times who are so understanding and accommodating towards me when I took mc, hospitalization leaves and allow me to pump at work when I need to. What's more I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd child before I started my new job and had to inform my boss when I was 2 months into the job and still on probation. Not only did he accepted it wholeheartedly when I informed him he asked me not to worry and just take mc if I need to go for gynae visits. He had shown me nothing but care and concern and never treated me differently. He is even OK if I take all 16 weeks maternity leave at one go and still extend with unpaid leave. I guess I have been very lucky.

Read more
4y ago

Wow you are indeed very lucky to have such an understanding boss!! Mine wouldn’t let the preggy staff (not me) claim her KKH medical bills even though they are supposed to by law.. and also made noise about her going to 24hr emergency when she was bleeding at week 17! They demanded to see her registration slip from the 24hr clinic at KKH to show the date and time she entered the hospital! 😒😒😒 felt like complaining to MOM on her behalf.. such stingy companies should be penalized for such discriminations against pregnant staffs!