Workplace pregnancy discrimination

Any mommies to-be here already facing pregnancy discrimination at work place?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I haven't been feeling well throughout my first trimester and early second trimester (i'm 15 weeks now!). So i didn't come to work and had to take MC and unpaid leave cause my morning sickness was so bad and i don't have the energy to do anything and my leave are used up. I can't WFH cause i'm a technician working on production so basically hands on most of the time and heavy liftings. Told my boss and colleagues (i work in a male dominant company fyi) but some of them thought i was over reacting with my sickness or some even said i was weak. Kinda hurt that they think being pregnant is easy but i try not to think too much about their comments because in the end of the day you just want yourself and baby to be healthy. So don't care about what they have to say and just focus on you and your baby ok! You got this mummy đŸ€

Read more
2y ago

I've been unable to work because my morning sickness has been really bad also. So I kept requesting for WFH from week 5 onwards. HR makes noise lah but the management understands and since my work is all done remotely they allow me to stay home. It's the travelling to work that is really hard for me because it's very far and I don't do well in vehicles. Past 2-3 weeks my morning sickness has gotten worse. Got no energy to even sit up and impossible to do work. I've been using up my MC and AL, even got a bit of Hospitalisation Leave after I went to A&E to get IV-ed. Yesterday was first day back at work but I'm taking things slow for now. HR has been making noise about me being on leave for so long but I tell them I really got no energy to argue... If I had the energy I would be working rather than taking leaves. So far my direct manager is very understanding, he's already making plans for how to keep the project going while I'm on maternity leave so I can come back to it after that :)

my manager give me silence treatment when i ask for wfh for first trimester. last week baby stop breathing told my boss. ah haaa.. that time suddenly he can see my txt. he say sorry to hear that. then ignore me again when i asking to apply emergency leave for recovery.

I informed my COO and HR of my pregnancy.. They decided not confirm my position eventho I've been performing exceptionally well. A happy time of my life has turned to out to be very stressful indeed. Anyone else faced smt similar?

nothing huge. just that early pregnancy sym0toms I constantly have the urge to pee and J work with almost all guy colleagues so they dont get it. They might think Im slacking.

how far along are you? I havent told my colleagues and bosses yet too. waiting until after 1st tri but everyone knew I was actively trying. thankfully no discrimination

I'm very grateful for my company being supportive during my pregnancy

I haven't told my higher-ups yet. Wondering if I should so soon.