Baby stroller

Is a stroller really necessary for a newborn? When do you start using a stroller for your child?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Is good to have it if u plan to bring ur LO out for a long hours. Getting LO to be in the stroller when they grow up need practice or get them to get use to be in the stroller. When My boy around 8 months took awhile to get use to seat in the stroller, 5 to 10min he wan to be carry! Cos when he is younger most of the time we use carrier instead.

Read more

Depends on how much you want to go out with your newborn. Carrying on the body is nice and snuggly but if after a while, will get tiring too. Carrying by hand, if your hands are tired, then you need someone to help. The stroller is merely for convenience, for when hands get tired or back aches.

We use the stroller since birth for both kids. Personally think it trains the baby to be more independent, and also relieves our tired bodies. That being said, it differs from babies. Understand not all babies prefer to be put in a stroller but it’s worth trying!

TapFluencer

Not really. You’ll probably need a car seat instead for safety reasons, if you are taking taxi or private hire cars. Can consider getting those you can pop it on a frame and make it a stroller, if you find Doona ones too expensive.

VIP Member

If u plan for outing with ur new born better to have a stroller for their comfort sleep .. coz new horns most of the time thy sleeps only .. so better to hv nap in stroller than in arms always

VIP Member

It depends on child. my child refuse stroller when she was a baby. it was after 1 yo, she accepted stroller. i babywear her more cos of convenience too especially when i shop for groceries

bought it before hand . just that babies need the comfort and rest if you are heading out. but when our LO is awake we usually carry him from time to time...

Not really. My baby is 5 months old and we still prefer baby wearing. I think it’s pretty much dependent on the child.

Started using since baby full month party! Been v useful for me as i dont use a carrier :)

VIP Member

Nope, we started about 4-5 months old or so - before that only carried by hand :)