9 month old development delay

Hi sorry everyone I have to rant here as I dont have any listening ear to talk to. Im working in office 8 to 5.30pm weekdays. I send my twins 9 month plus to IFC 30 mins walk. But cons that the IFC unable to bath them as they mention ACDA decision their center cant bath the infants. So everyday I will bath first before bath them and settle them before send them to IFC by 7pm as I taking public to work. End work fetch them, bath them and get ready their dinner. Down part for me as a mother is that they now dont drink milk much, doesnt eat much. Their weight up and down because of that. Because they lack nutrition, they unable to sit, crawl and stand. Simple as bearing weight in both legs also development delay for them. Everyday I will get frustrated with them whenever they dont eat, dont drink milk. How to get nutrition? Then surround me keep nag at me for not giving enough food and milk. Nag at me for 9 month old cannot sit, stand and crawl. They label me as a failure. Other infants 5 to 7 months can do all of that. Even start BLW. I dont know how to make my twins able to do basic stuff like sit, crawl and stand. They dont even want to hold spoon or bottle themselves. Im tired.#advicepls #1stimemom #pleasehelp

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, I think you give yourself too much pressure. My girl ifc can bathe the infant. Since when ecda says can’t bathe? Maybe you want to check with them. My girl at 9mo old can only sit unsupported. Crawl is only those commando crawl (ie: like a worm, she only start crawling on knees at 11mo). Standing comes at 10mo. Different babies have different milestone timing, don’t compare & stress urself . If you really believe that it’s nutrition that is causing the milestone problem, maybe you want to bring them for a check at poly & ask them refer u to kkh. As for food & milk, I just go according to baby’s cues. The more you frustrated with them for not eating /drinking, the more stress the babies are and they won’t eat /drink. (They can feel the stress & tension). And at 13mo now, my girl can’t hold spoon to self feed & refuse to hold her own milk bottle, but that’s ok. Cos she prefer to use her hand to grab her food & want me to feed her milk in her milk bottle. All these comes with patience and practice with them, and they will learn. At 9mo, ur twins shld start to know pincer grip (hold small item with thumb & index finger). Train them with those small snacks and once mastered the skills, they can self feed with their hands. Babies don’t suddenly “learn” these skills. It take time & practice and ultimately when the time for the milestone to “unlock”, it will unlock. All we need to do is to practise with them and be patient. Lastly, ignore all these other people nagging you. You are already doing a great job 👏🏻

Read more
3y ago

My girl ifc is mfs too! They bathe her! With Covid, only Ifc can bathe since is 1 to 1. Playgroup and above can’t bathe.

hey mummy. a big hug to you! i think youbare such a great mum to sacrifice your sleep so to ensure your twins are clean before ifc and working hard for the family! though is hard not to feel stressful when people around you are not being very nice and considerate, i still wanna tell you that every kid is different and they have their own learning curve. i do see babies/toddlers who cant crawl and yet able to stand and walk at 13th-15th month! so i believe your twins will surprise you with their growth spurt one day! as for their nutritions intake, i advise you to see a doc to ensure that they are actually getting enough and see what can the doctor advise since they do not want to drink milk or eat food as much as last time.

Read more