My son like to shout his grandma and refused to do exercise book while I am away at work. He like to watch tv and any tv he is fine. How to teach this kind of kid? He is primary 1.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

May I know what does the grandma do when your child shout at her? I do understand some grandparents usually give in to the grandchildren and it will tends to make them become "rude" to the grandparents. And do the grandma likes to watch tv too? My Friend have the same issue like you that the child keep watch tv and in the end she giveaway the television and no one else watch tv at home anymore.

Read more

Grandma watch a lot of tv and he told me amah watch too. That's why she difficult to handle him. Plus grandma pamper him a lot. I train him while on my maternity leave but back to square now. Grandma has own tv at her room too. I told them no tv on mon to Thursday. But still old folks hard to say to them cannot watch tv. No tv don't want to take care bb and my toddler.

Read more

I think in instances like this you have to lead by example as a parent. What you pointed out are learned behaviours. Children are always watching and learning from us adults and we have to be careful and mindful of what we do.

VIP Member

Arrange after school classes as the community centre to get your kid entertained and away from tv and boredom. I signed my daughter for ballet, ballroom dancing, taekwando and art classes at the cc. 4 nights a week