Baby movement

Hello, I’m 22 weeks pregnant but cannot really feel baby kick or baby movement yet. It’s my first pregnancy. Is it normal ?

32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi... You should feel your baby's first movements, called "quickening," between weeks 16 and 25 of your pregnancy. If this is your first pregnancy, you may not feel your baby move until closer to 25 weeks. By the second pregnancy, some women start to feel movements as early as 13 weeks.

You'll usually start feeling some movement between weeks 16 and 20 of your pregnancy, although it can sometimes be later than this. These movements may be felt as a kick, flutter, swish or roll.

Please do not worry! If this is your first pregnancy, you may not feel your baby move until closer to 25 weeks. By the second pregnancy, some women start to feel movements as early as 13 weeks.

Super Mum

Baby’s first kicks/movements can usually be felt between 16 and 25 weeks, so you can watch for now:) also, you’ll usually be able to feel better at night when you’re not so busy/active.

Before I thought I am not feeling the baby's movement in my belly so I got worried too. Overtime I realize that I could actually feel it but it is not the sensation I thought it would be.

I felt baby movements right after 18weeks. My baby is more active when I rest flat on my bed & after meals. You can try to place your hands on your abdomen area to feel your baby.

I am 22, 4 days pregnant and i can here the movements after sometimes not regularly and the Doctor said is normally. Some kids start to be more active after 25 weeks.

Hi, I think it is fine as during first pregnancy, you might not experience the movements in 22 weeks. just to be double sure please check with your gynae on this

Omg I'm at the end of week 19th and idk I also get anxious that I won't feel yet I thought by 20 weeks can feel but reading this makes me more anxious.

maybe you're not too aware yet...for me..it starts with some flutters..like gas.. so sometimes I also dunno issit gas or baby 😅