Overinvolved in-laws

How do you mommies deal with overinvolved in-laws? I don't understand why I even need to ASK FOR PERMISSION to hold my baby's birthday party at my house instead of celebrating at my in-laws' place. Like hello? My baby's birthday of course hold at baby's house right, we still have to bring cake over to in-laws' house to celebrate meh? And when to hold zhua zhou in-laws also must comment. Sorry but just want to say, I am the mother and it is up to me. If you want to make decision you decide for your own children, not mine. Thanks.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

omg I can imagine your frustration, and it's totally legit! I can foresee my FIL being over-involved in such matters after I give birth (naming the baby, insisting on full month celebration etc.), even tho he has been completely uninvolved & unconcerned during my pregnancy so I'd need help with this too! He deserves no say! I'd be flipping mad, yet dunno how to put my point across without looking like a bad daughter-in-law. Best is if our husbands can step up and talk to their own parents, and that'd solve the prob for us, isn't it! But well, they either dunno how or don't dare to do that. 😒 *Fellow frustrated mummy following this thread and hoping to hear helpful responses!*

Read more