My LO always overslept

Shud i wake my LO to drink his milk? He always sleep 6 - 8hrs skip his feeding time. My LO only 3M. He usually sleep from 8pm+/9pm+ till nxt morning 6am.. i try to feed him more aft he skip his feeding but he jus drink usual volume. Infact he drink lesser n lesser.... from 8 feedings (90ml) to 5 feedings (120ml) a day.. abit worrying..

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hmm, I’m not so sure though. My son slept through the night as well, but he will want his milk at night and will drink it with his eyes close. I doubt he will drink more than his usual feeding amount cause their tummy so tiny, there’s only so much they can drink. I think it’s normal that the feeding drop. Cause now they can hold more milk then they used to and takes longer to digest, and feel full longer. My son turning one, he only do 4 feedings at 160ml per day. Usually when it comes to feeding him, I will normally follow his cues. Like I said, mine normally do 4 feedings per day. But at times, if he wants to drink more, I’ll give him more. And if he doesn’t want to finish his milk, then it’s okay. Babies won’t starve themselves. If they’re hungry, they will cry for it.

Read more

My son also slept long time during night. but he drank enough milk when he was awake