No intake

Dear mummies, my baby does not want to drink up his milk. My baby can play and sleep without any intake up to 8 hours. This few weeks he latch estimate 5 mins or lesser and he let go and cry with tears. I do not know what happen Last night at 4am, my baby drank 100ml out of 120ml after 13 hours without any intake. Last feeding was 3.45pm. In the day time, afternoon he sleeps for 3 to 4 hours and only drink 60ml out off 120ml. His next feeding time is unpredictable. #advicepls #pleasehelp #firsttimemom

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello mumma! Is your baby above 3m? I had this issue on and off with my baby and was told that as long as baby has passed the “newborn” stage, we feed what baby wants. As long as baby is not showing signs of dehydration or hunger or bloated tummy, should be okay. My girl had that on and off, sometimes it’s like during her leaps! Literally can cut her daily intake by half and I got so worried! Then during growth spurt, she suddenly increase her intake like crazy! Sorry I can’t help with the latching part because I didn’t BF for more than 2 months. If you’re worried and it goes on for more than a week probs, you can visit your PD to do a check 😄 all the best mumma ♥️

Read more