Should I stop breastfeeding as my son was born with smooth skin and during that time I do breastfeed him but after he was 4 months he has cradle caps whole head and red rashes which I see doctor and Doctor said that he got eczema , my mum said that it might be bcos of drinking my breastmilk as I anyhow eat and now baby got eczema.

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Breastfeeding is a personal choice. But, if the reason is due to your 'anyhow eat' diet and hence cause your baby to have eczema, then please please please don't stop breastfeeding for that reason. Consult your paediatrician or doctor to see if there's any medical basis for it first. A mummy produces breastmilk like a leech, which means it'll obtain the necessary nutrients from the mummy to produce the best concoction of breastmilk for the baby at that development stage. If in the event that you 'anyhow eat', then you as the Mummy will suffer and not the baby because your body will just take whatever nutrients they need from you to produce milk. You need to 'replenish' the nutrients through your diet. It's only in instances where the mother is malnourished will the baby be impacted. At the end of the day, it is easy to blame others and find all sort of reasons when something happens. But, the reasons may not be the right ones most the time. It is more important to find a resolution. Check with PD on the possible causes for your baby's eczema and what's the recommended treatment. Hope he'll recover soon.

Read more
8y ago

Pd said is gene cause me and husband got skin problem, I actually got heat rashes but after I give birth it's gone and my husband has very dry skin on his head~