Allowance

Should husband give their wife allowance if wife is stay at home mom?

90 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes the husband should give thier wife allowance to let the wife buy the needs but if the wife have her own allowance and it is enough to buy the needs the husband dont need to give the wife allowance

VIP Member

Allowance is good, apart of the money used for groceries n bills. Its good to have some money to save or buy things you want to buy. Even a gift for him on his bday. It will make you more balance.

Yes! otherwise how else would the stay home mom have money ? And the stay home mom also needs to give money to her own parents, so this should be considered as well in the allowance

Don’t need allowance, you guys build a family together and everything should be equally shared. Get a joint account and you can access the money for all your needs.

You wouldn't need an allowance if he lets you use his money in a shared bank account. Just an idea. That's what me and my husband do. It solves alot of money expenses issues.

If i was a SAHM, i will not expect my husband to give me allowance. But if he insist and wants to give, then i wouldn’t mind having it. But i don’t think its compulsory.

VIP Member

Yes I think husband should! Because we still need money to buy baby’s pampers etc. If he’s the one buying everything, we still need some money to spend on ourselves.

4y ago

I do all housechores and look after baby day and night.

Hi, I believe, it should never be the case as the money is for both husband and wife and the wife should be able to use the money whenever she wants to :)

TapFluencer

Of course! Stay at home mum handles household finances. How about her life as a woman? She will need her own allowance for her use

VIP Member

Why not? Stay at home mom is also a 'job' and it's surely more tedious than the average 9-5. Being a mom is 24/7 job!