Traveling first Trimester, spotting for 4 weeks

Sharing my story in case some mamas are facing the same situation. I found out I was pregnant (5 weeks old) 4 days before my Europe trip (2 weeks long). Went to Gynae because I have brown discharge and needed advice whether I could travel. Doc gave me duphaston for my spotting. After discussing with my family, I proceeded to travel. My symptoms were mild but spotting didn’t stop. After 2 weeks I came back to SG and went to do a gynae scan. Heard my baby’s heartbeat for the first time 🥰. Gynae gave me injection to stabilise the spotting and asked me to monitor. Hope I’m able to give some clarity to mamas experiencing spotting + thinking whether to travel during first tri

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Also had brown spotting around 5 weeks, with a planned 2 week europe trip the following day. went to KKH urgent O&G care to get checked, and they did a hormone test. Results available in 3 hours. If pass certain level then it’s deemed ok (lower chance of miscarriage). doc didn’t prescribe any duphaston (to increase hormone levels). Went ahead w travel plans and spotting stopped after 2 days.

Read more

Thanks for sharing. I’ve already planned my overseas trip (9 days) but found out I was pregnant (4weeks plus). I had nausea and very bad bloatedness so I cancelled my trip. Really scared I will feel super uncomfortable during my trip. How was your trip? Did you experience morning sickness?

11mo ago

That’s good! I need to distract myself. Thanks :)

Doctor gave me duphaston just to standby. Incase touch wood there's anything happen. So you have spotting before travel or while travelling? Is there any slight effect like unwell after taking duphaston?

Read more

brown discharge is very normal in first trimester. as long as it’s not red.