Sending your baby to infantcare vs getting a domestic helper. What did you choose and why?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

There are pros and cons to every option so you need to figure out what works better for you. 1. Get a domestic helper to care for your child. Most mums are not 100% comfortable leaving their child in the care of a domestic helper. So it will be good if you have another family member (the grandparents/aunts) who is able to supervise what goes on in the house too. 2. Get a nanny. Most nannies help to take care from 7am to 7pm. There is the options of them coming over to your place or you putting your baby in the nanny's house. 3. Place your child in infantcare. You can look for infantcare centres near to your place. The teachers are trained and your baby will also be engaged in activities throughout the day. Some mummies have shared that there is a tendency for their lo to fall sick more often though as they are exposed to more viruses as compared to home. I chose number 1 becos my mother in law comes over to help out too. :)

Read more
VIP Member

Hey Ros, for us we chose a domestic helper + babysitter for first 4 months (I can't take maternity leave, so needed help from the beginning). Domestic helper takes care of the house, makes dinner and looks after our 2 pets. Babysitter looks after our little one. From month 5 onwards we have signed up for an infant care centre near my office. The pricing works out about the same for an ifc in the CBD or a babysitter. Babysitter is about $10 - $12 an hour - we also keep her over the weekend, so we are spending about $2500 a month for a babysitter. Our IFC is $1,800 before working mum subsidy, but does not include weekends.

Read more

I let my Mom look after with help of maid. But if my mom can't look after, I rather send to infantcare or I look after myself with help of maid. I never ever ever trust maid to look after alone. At least infantcare got cctv.. anything goes wrong, they must be responsible. But as for maid... you don't know how hygienic or responsible they are with no one around to supervise!

Read more

infant care because the teachers really care! don't trust maid

Great! Thanks ladies for all the useful info