Delimma?

Saw one post saying about kid birthday celebrations people ask her to cancel. Saw another post on still bring kid out during this situation most people still bring kids out. So bring to shopping mall is safe but host a small celebration is not safe?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi, I commented on both posts, so let me explain my POV. Please feel free to disagree, because I think we’re entitled to decide for ourselves:) To me, air conditioned enclosed spaces are not safe, especially with people crowding around you. Viruses don’t do well under the sun (UV), and in an open air area, there’s a lower chance of transmission, especially if you stay away from others. So personally, my kids avoid malls, we don’t go for events, we leave our home well ventilated, and we go for short walks under the sun in the evening in the neighbourhood. My husband opted to buy rice and oil from one of the HDB shops instead of queuing with the crowds at NTUC, so we also have a little more social distancing. Here’s the thing. Everyone has a different yardstick for what’s okay and what’s not. At the end of the day, we just need to take ownership for what we choose. If my family gets infected because of the choices I make, then there’s no one else to blame besides myself. But deep down inside, I really just hope that everyone stays safe. I seriously want this to be over soon.

Read more

Ultimately it is your choice whether to bring your kids out or not rather than seeking for opinions. Some moms are more paranoid than the others. The less paranoid ones will think the paranoid ones are ridiculous for taking extreme measures and vice versa. So there is no point of asking each other whether they should bring the kids out or not, if you do then just be extra careful and be prepared for the worse. FYI I brought my LO out weekly for a meal, I feel that it’s not healthy mentally to stay at home all the time either. How long are you gunna stay at home? If the virus last for a year, are you going to be a cave man and be at home for a year?

Read more

small celebration involves alot of close interaction, playing etc etc shopping mall is really also not safe but not as bad isnt it safest is to definitely keep away from both

Read more

Honestly, if it were me, I’d not hold celebrations or go shopping. What you observe is all those people who still not kiasi and want to hold celebrations and go shopping.

TapFluencer

Diff parents diff view. Just do what you think it's fine with you.

TapFluencer

Maintain social distancing (minimum 1 metre) ?