Is it safe to dye hair while breastfeeding?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Yes na yes! I dyed my hair when my baby was 3 weeks old ata or 1 month old. This is backed up by La Leche League and Breastfeeding Pinays. Now, I've had my second hair colouring last two weeks, this time with bleach. Explanation for this is yung mga molecules naman na pumapasok sa blood stream natin, if any, ay malaki. They're big enough not to pass through the milk-making factories. :)

Magbasa pa
5y ago

Hi! Anong hair dye brand po kaya ang pwede at safe for preggy mommies? Been wanting to color my hair kasi puting-puti na.

Yes safe naman ang pag hair dye while breastfeeding for as long na hindi maamoy ni baby at hindi ka magbrebreastfeed habang nakakababad pa sa hair mo yung dye. Syempre we want to look beautiful kahit may mga baby na tayo.

Yes. According to La Leche League, there is no evidence that hair care products used by a breastfeeding mom have any effect on her breastfeeding baby. For more info, see http://www.lalecheleague.org/faq/hair.html

As long as you make sure that you use natural and organic hair dye, I believe you and your baby will be fine. Of course you have to make sure that you're not allergic to the ingredients, too.