Is it right to evolve a friendship with the opposite sex into a "close" one when married? To the point of chatting with him/her first thing when you wake you up in the morning and the last thing you do at night when you don't even do it with your spouse? I call that cheating. What do you think?

87 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hmm. .....well! See it happens in almost every relationship when there comes monotony in married life. And if there is no self moral policing from others and from oneself everyone would once in their married life would do this if it is called cheating or whatever. I think it is just a temporary attraction towards someone else because you are bored in your marriage. It is just fine but make sure that you set your boundaries because if you will not then you will feel guilty when you will come out of this temporal phase. So, I guess do not feel guilty and enjoy it but you must set your limits and do not go beyond that.

Read more
7y ago

I agree with setting boundaries if it's inevitable to converse with the opposite sex especially if for work but let us keep it that way. It just pissed me off that the reason for the "closeness" is because the spouse became too busy with work, taking care of children and the whole household and the "closeness" became an effect. How dumb is that? The fault fell on the spouse. It's difficult to manage the physical stress of taking care of everything, it's aggravating to deal with this emotional st