any remedy for post natal weight loss?

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Mummies & Mummies To Be, Post Natal Massage is the remedy and a great start to lose weight after your childbirth. - Helps reinstate the uterus to its original state - Eliminates excess body fluids, reduce fluid retention - Helps to restore your body to its pre-pregnancy condition, specifically in the abdomen, pelvis and back - Release pent-up tension in the body ​This treatment involves the use of lemongrass oil to massage the whole body and applying of 'Tapel' and traditional stomach wrap called a "Bengkung" made up of a cotton cloth several metres long. It is used to wrap the stomach in order to push up the uterus, clear water retention, relieve wind and spasms, shrink the stomach and helps to lose weight. I am Mdm Zuria, Founder of Healing Hands Therapeutic Massage. Our services are a preferred Choice For Post Natal & Home Massage Services at the comfort of your own home with Spa Set Up Arrangement. I am a Certified, Qualified & Professional Massage Therapist with a few years of experience in Therapeutic Body Massage and Post Natal Massage. For more information, please do visit my website at www.healinghandstherapeutic.com OR you may watsapp me at 8751 6141 for more enquiries about our post natal package prices and promotions. Thank you. Warmest regards, Mdm Zuria

Read more

For some people breastfeeding will help them loose weight but some people breastfeeding will make them gain weight (they purposely never tell u huh?) less carbs and more protein so that ur milk is nutritious and ur body already has fat stores to make the milk - but cannot don't eat carbo. If u are looking after LO yourself, all the moving around will use energy, will probably loose weight. There is a difference between losing weight and being fit - my personal aim is to remove fit - because that way u can up ur metabolic rate (lose weight easier) and u will have more energy to do whatever u want to do. If exercising,pls get doctor clearance. If u are c-sect, better to weight 4 months before doing Abs kind of exercise. Exercising is a must, 15 min also good, if can twice15 min a day also can (when baby afternoon nap or Husband look after baby), aim for 2-3 days a wk. evening or morning go for walks - can push stroller to the park or something

Read more

Hi, To reduce post natal weight I think apart from other things you first need to check your diet. Do not eat fattening foods rather eat foods that provide you enough calories per day that is your body requirement. Secondly, maintain a exercise routine. No matter which form of exercise you do, just make sure that you are consistent. Yoga is very good to reduce weight. Also I am sharing a few links with you from where you can pick the best home remedy you like and feel that you can follow without any much ado. http://www.nftips.com/2014/01/natural-tips-to-reduce-belly-size-after.html http://www.beautyglimpse.com/weight-loss-program-post-pregnancy-through-ayurveda/

Read more

Hi I feel that breastfeeding and taking care of the baby will make you lose weight naturally. For weight loss diet plays 75% and exercise is 25%. Suggest that you eat small quantity and more frequent meals rather than eating a lot at one meal. Go for less carbs and more proteins like chicken breast. Rice and noodles cut the portion. Confirm will lose weight. Exercise if you can find the time and energy to do after taking care of baby it will be good but I feel most moms don't have the time and energy left. Maybe can only exercise once a week kind which would not be enough. Work on the diet

Read more
VIP Member

How far postpartum are you? Eat nutrient dense foods to make sure that you can still meet the breastfeeding demand for your baby, and the kind of exercise you can do depends on your state of recovery.

I dont breastfeed my baby, but now that my baby is 6 months , I am back to my original weight. I think its because less carb, doing houseworks, walks baby a lot (baby is 8kg, free weight exercise :D)

Water water and water. Control the diet. Eat nutritious food, eat quality not quantity. Wrap up w binder. Do some light exercise, 10 mins is good too.

Breastfeeding will help in weight loss and contract ur uterus faster, besides reducing white rice and sugar intake.

Cut down sugar. Eat real foods. But of cos must pair with exercise