Would you recommend to use walker? I read the many dangers of using walker from kkh website. Between exesaucer and jumperoo, which one? or none at all. Just let baby walk on their own.

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’ve also gathered from the KKH article that it is not advisable to put baby in a walker. It may cause your baby to walk later. Seems like walkers will hinder or slow down a baby’s development of balance and walking skills. It is also highlighted in the article that a walker may cause atypical walking pattern. The hips and knees are bent and baby will likely be on his/her toes while walking in the walker. This causes the baby to use different muscle groups for walking and this may become a habit that is difficult to correct in future. There is also a higher chance of baby injuring themselves as they are able to travel faster in a walker. Accidents can happen in a split second before a parent could react. Most of my friends chose not to use a walker and just let baby learn walking by themselves. What most of them did was to help baby onto his/her feet as often as possible, and slowly encouraging baby to take small steps while supported. But it is really a personal choice. Go with what you are comfortable with. A few of my friends use it sparingly. They wanted to let their child have some "autonomy" exploring the house, and would put their babies into the walker for just 5-10mins and following behind their babies just to be safe.

Read more
8y ago