Is it safe for covid jab for second trimester mum?

Recently in dilemma should I took covid jab.. any preggy ladies already taken the jab?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I don’t think i’m taking the jab until i give birth. my gynae said he follows the ministry, so for my health, no issue to take. he added if anything happen, go back to the ministry. i’m not so assured by that though😆 so i’m not gonna risk myself to take the jab unless there’s enough evidence that pregnant ladies who had taken the jab did not suffer any side effects or harm to their babies.

Read more
3y ago

then ministry ask you to go back to gynaecologist? 😶

my ob says as a doctor she will recommend the vaccine! but as a mother of 3, it would be better to wait until the baby is born coz we dont know what will be really the effect to our baby inside.. still its our personal decision.. but to me i prefer to wait😌

Unfortunately I took mine on the 16/6 moderna. So far no any abnormalities & baby is also active. 29weeks now. But yah it’s up to individual! You can weight the benefit vs risk.

Post reply image
VIP Member

Depending on which vaccine. For now, its only Pfizer for pregnant ladies between 14-33 weeks. Do consult your doctor first. Afterall, vaccine is good!

3y ago

how about more than 33 weeks? advisable to take?

My gynae recommended for me not to take it cos it’s still a very new vaccination with no studies done on impact on babies

I’m also in a dilemma. Currently at 12 weeks. I’m more inclined to take it but wondering if I should go when I’m 20+ weeks

3y ago

Ya same! My gynac encourag me to take when I hit wk20 especially my work will involve contact with people.

Best is not to take when you are currently pregnant even though it is safe to take