Covid jab straight after birth

Hi ladies, anyone thought of taking the covid jab straight after birth while you are still in the hospital? Issit allowed? Anyone tried it? Was thinking if it will affect us during confinement.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Took my first pfizer dose at 6 days post partum. All good and waiting for 2nd jab in 2 weeks time. Rationale is if I fall sick during this period at least the confinement nanny is still around to help with baby, so it’s your call really but it is safe to take straight after birth.

exactly what I was thinking too.. I might book my appointment 3-4 days post partum.. because sure family will come visit Newborn so its better if we can transfer some antibodies to bb ASAP through breastmilk. but I will ask my gynae first on her opinion on my next appt..

Took my 1st jab during the 2nd week of confinement and no other side symptom. I arrange the appointment after I grasp my baby feeding time and sleeping time, knowing that he is still sleeping. Anyway, it be best to listen to your body.

in baby's first month, there will be visits to PD clinic and/or polyclinic. I'd feel so much safer being vaccinated when going to hospitals, clinics and polyclinic during this period.

I gave birth in June 2021. A month after that i registered for my vaccinations so i got it after my confinement ends. At least the body has recovered after giving birth.

Just keep in mind that your body will be weak and in recovery from birthing. Not sure if it’s good idea to take immediately after birth. Do consult your Gynae!

I took the vaccine a week after I give birth via c sect. I’m all fine just a little sore in the arm. U can always take Panadol if u are having side effect.

take after ur confinement incase you breastfeed ur baby and you fall sick. Alot of ppl that i know get slight fever after jab.

My gynae asked me to jab though, she scheduled for me a vaccine two days after my c sect..