4 Day Old Baby

Recently just gave birth. My baby is 4 days old and he has not pooped for almost 2 days now. And most people are just telling me that I am not feeding enough even though I am dping it every 2 hours and even my husband just keeps pushing me to do more... I am so tired, exhausted and just so beaten down... just want to sit and cry Is this normal? I am breast feeding him and because my supply is not very good I was told by a lactation nurse to top up with a formula and so I did. My baby and I went for a check up on Monday and they took his blood for a jaundice check and he went crazy crying and screaming. I dont know what to do... I have been breastfeeding now for 4 days and my nipples are all sore and cracked and so I have gone to using hand expressions and breast pumps just to feed. Plus, yesterday my baby had some brick dust in the diaper... Anyone else going through this?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi. Hugs. I didnt produce much milk too. I've no milk slightly before 1mth. You can try to use electric pump regularly to regulate/stimulate and try produce more milk. Also you can see how much milk you are producing. I hope better days are coming for you asap.