Recently, my 3-month old gets fussy in her sleep. She is currently on tbm and can only sleep if my nipple is in her mouth or at her lips. The moment I move my nipple away, she will start searching around for it even when her eyes are closed. Most of the times, she wants it inside her mouth and will start to bite down my nipple in her sleep, which is when I will pull it out. Tried to replace it with pacifier but she rejected it. Sometimes, after my husband coaxed her to sleep already and I carried her to soothe her further before putting her on the bed, she would also start searching for my nipples. Anyway to stop her from doing this, cos it gets very tiring at times.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think you should try the pacifier a few more times. Baby can smell you and feel the softness of your boobs so they will search for it once they are very near to it. Biting down your nipple sounds painful but you have to bear with it and when they are drifting more deeply asleep, you can try to unlatch itch the pacifier and slotting it in immediately - that s what I did for my Son who was like your girl. Latch. Fall asleep then try to sneak nipple out. Although this is a passing phase you can consider trying to see what are your child's other soothers, like if baby is ok to hug a toy with your scent to sleep or to suck thumb. Different baby different soothers. Jia you. My boy use to latch to sleep, now at 6 months he doesn't really do it so regularly anymore

Read more