menstruation cycle

My problem is that my menstruation cycle hasn't started yet, My baby is 3 months and I am still breastfeeding. I had c-section. When is the right time menstruation cycle to be started after childbirth?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Mums who breastfeed all the time usually don't menstruate again until they stop nursing. They may also start menstruating if they stop nursing partially, especially at night. Mums who bottle-feed, or do a combination of breastfeeding and bottle feeding, may get their menstruation as soon as five weeks after giving birth. When mums breastfeed full-time, the body produces more prolactin — which is the hormone that helps you produce milk for your baby. That hormone also stops your menstruation from coming. Hope this helps! 🙂

Read more

It varies for individual. I am 8.5m PP, still breastfeeding (EP) and yet to have my period back. 😊 Some bf mummies have said to not have their period until 18M PP while some got it back as soon as they ended ML.

TapFluencer

I had a c sect breastfed for 13 months , first period came at around 6m postpartum. Don’t worry mama , everyone is different (: it will eventually return don’t stress 😀

hi mummy! there is no right or wrong time for your menses to resume, it can be different for everyone. i am fully bfeeding but i had my menses back just 6 weeks postpartum.

VIP Member

Mine came back after 9 months nearly!! I stopped breastfeeding at 7 months and had csection. Usually they say it returns shortly after stopping breastfeeding

VIP Member

My menstruation restarted after 7 months of giving birth and also when I stopped breast feeding so don’t worry it’s different for different people.

Super Mum

It’s quite normal. The cycle differs when you exclusively breastfeed. I got mine after 8months of giving birth.

i had c-sec and breastfeed. my 1st period came after 6m..