Anybody else feels Annoyed that people kept asking if you're pregnant before your announcement?

"She’s pregnant. Yay! Oh, wait. She’s not ready to tell everyone – at least not yet. Just because she’s going to be a mama doesn’t mean she wants to tell you yet. Why not? Some women want to wait until after the first trimester is over, when there is a lower risk of miscarriage. Some women have had previous miscarriages and don’t want to jinx it. Others just want to wait. Whatever her reason is, it’s her reason. And making her spill when she’s not ready just isn’t okay. Yes, technically the mama-to-be can say she’s not pregnant when you ask. If she’s not ready, she doesn’t have to share. She can say nothing, she can tell you she doesn’t know or she can say no. It’s her prerogative to hide the truth right now. But, the fact that you asked puts her in a sticky spot. Don’t try to force her good news out by asking too early on. If you know (or think) she’s trying, don’t assume that she wants all of her friends, family, co-workers, neighbors and acquaintances to know the exact moment the pee stick shows a double purple line. Let her have her moment, and don’t push a reveal too early on."

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Ya usually I make sure these nosey parker are the last to know

4y ago

I have one such colleague. She only knew I am preg when I am already 6m and my tummy was obviously big enough.