dye hair

Can pregnant dye hair?

37 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Yes, I did. Before dying it, read the ingredients etc and choose those that has less chemical. Do not go on the roots. In my early pregnancy, I bleached my hair like the whole head inc the roots because I didn't know that I was pregnant at that point. I was so scared when I get to know it was positive a few weeks later and I went to the check up... THANK GOD my baby was alright. It's actually depends on your baby. Some babies are strong enough to deal... not recommended, really. I just follow the flow and dyed my hair anyways, but I wouldn't recommend to others because we are different. Every pregnancy is different. So far my baby is healthy when it's born

Read more
VIP Member

Can. Just avoid the roots, I bleached my hair twice plus on the roots too on my early pregnancy because I didn't knew I was pregnant and luckily nothing. I continue dying but I won't recommend it much because every pregnancy is different

My cousins wife dyed her hair while she’s pregnant and all is well. But for me, though I wanted to I did not dare. Better consult your Gynae..

TapFluencer

Although it is a low amount of chemicals that enter the bloodstream, it's best to stay away from it. Just to be safe

VIP Member

I wouldn't, but studied have shown that it is safe as very little chemicals enter the bloodstream

Super Mum

I did... But without knowing that I was pregnant. I think should be OK, but better not...

TapFluencer

I dye but my hair stylist use the dye without amino. And he try not to touch the roots.

I think if can be avoided, do avoid it. Else, look at the organic ingredients package

Super Mum

I dyed mine when I'm 3 month pregnant. Gynae said ok, Use organic one

Super Mum

I did at 3rd mth.. everything is fine. Juz finished my confinement