Dye hair

Can we dye our hair and do our nails when we are pregnant?

33 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Although fairly limited, most research indicates the chemicals found in both semi-permanent and permanent dyes are not highly toxic and are safe to use during pregnancy. In addition, only small amounts of hair dye may be absorbed by the skin, leaving little that would be able to reach the fetus

I dye my hair once and did gelish every month. Did it during my pregnancy of my first born and my little girl now. Both healthy nothing went wrong with them. Alot of my gf carry on with their beauty routine too. Pregnancy is tough, do something to pamper yourself.

VIP Member

Consult your gynae. My gynae told me i could dye my hair but not bleach so i did towards the end of my pregnancy. There’s also pregnancy friendly nail parlours to do ur nails, i went to the one at raffles city when i was pregnant.

TapFluencer

Depends on your comfort level. I did organic hair dye during my pregnancy which is totally safe for pregnancy and nails I only did pedicure, for hands I use stickers.

VIP Member

Best to avoid during pregnancy as the chemicals in hair dye and nail polish are not good to the fetus development.

I dyed my hair at Week 13 and as for nails, I do gelish pedicure once a month. Should be fine :)

VIP Member

Hi... it’s not advisable. When you’re pregnant, you should go for natural products

Not recommended. Unless the dye is like natural. Else, hold it off until u gave birth.

Nails can but make sure it's well ventilated :) hair I think nt advisable.

TapFluencer

Use natural ingredients for dye. Doing nails with breathable nail polish