Please share some tips on how to sleep during pregnancy to reduce lower back and hip pain.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You should sleep on your side and keep your legs and knees bent. Propping pillows to support your abdomen and upper leg can alleviate discomfort while sleeping. If lying on your side makes your hip pain worst then place a pillow or blanket at the small of your back and sleep leaning against it. This will reduce pressure on the hip you are sleeping on. On top of what has been mentioned above, my friend told me that she would take warm baths or applying warm compresses to the sore area a few hours leading up to bedtime. This helps with relaxing her the muscles around her hip and back.

Read more
Post reply image

For me, I found that sleeping on my sides (left usually) helps a lot. As my tummy grew bigger, I found that sleeping with a pillow between my legs and another pillow under my tummy to relief some of the weight. I also had a pillow against my back, and 2 pillows under my head to ease heartburn. Towards the end of the pregnancy, it was safe to say that ex-husband only had 1 pillow for himself lol.

Read more
5y ago

same goes to me. more comfortable to sleep like this. 😉